Affirmation: "emotional support or encouragement."
Something you repeat over and over to yourself while looking in the mirror.
A phrase you say at the start of every day to create the life you want.
Something they talk a lot about in that book called the Secret.
The best way I know of to feel better about ourselves & get really lucky.
I can't imagine a time in our lives where affirmations are more helpful than during pregnancy.
There is just so much unknown. I don't know about you, but I remember worrying about so much when I was pregnant. Should I eat this, can I soak in a hot tub, will I be able to handle labor?
Is my baby OK? Am I going to ruin everything & it will be all my fault because I ate that cheeto?
Cue affirmation time, baby.
It's really important to have a solid, dependable, support system during pregnancy. And while it's nice to have that from others, it's most important to create that for ourselves. From within.
So today I share with you my favorite affirmations for the 9 months or so you are carrying your babe(s). I some variation of these at the end of almost every prenatal yoga class I teach.
And even though I'm not currently pregnant, I still find them deeply reassuring and love how connected they enable me to feel to my child, near or afar.
My favorite Pregnancy Affirmations:
- I am a strong & capable woman.
- My body knows exactly how to nourish my baby.
- I have enough love to share.
- I give myself the right to accept love & nourishment from others.
- My baby is healthy & beautiful.
- I love my pregnant body.
- I will let my labor & birth be its own unique experience.
- I embrace the concept of healthy pain.
- I trust my ability to give birth with strength & power.
- I trust that my body knows exactly what it's doing.
- My pregnancy is perfect. I will deliver a happy, healthy baby!
- I am strong and healthy and sailing right through this pregnancy.
- I choose to see the beauty in this whole process of bringing new life into the world.
- I am calm, cool, & confident throughout my pregnancy. This is the most beautiful 9 months of my life!
- I am in perfect health. My baby is in perfect health.
- As my healthy baby grows within me, I am more attuned than ever to the perfect rhythms of nature & my body.
- My body is beautifully nourishing the child I carry. My child & my body are perfectly healthy.
- My love & connection with this child within me humbles me every day. I am blessed and I know it.
- I am a beautiful pregnant woman, and I receive support on all levels.
There you go! Feel better already? Me too!
I know that some of these are redundant, so choose the ones that groove with you and feel free to alter or add to your list as you choose!
I recommend saying these as often as possible (before bed at night and upon waking), but most especially in times that are challenging.
In those moments you are doubting or feeling low, pull out this list and allow yourself to soak in all that affirmation goddess goodness. You deserve it!
*Disclaimer: I can't take credit for all of these affirmations. I've found them through various sources (like The Natural Pregnancy Book) & compiled a personal list, that I'm now sharing with you.*
- No categories
•This post may contain affiliate links, which helps me create free content for you.•
Thank you for the support!